Thursday, February 27, 2014

25 Months (almost 26!) Zuri




Zuri has made a lot of progress in language skills the past month.  It has been quite fun and it makes life a lot easier for both of us because she can communicate what she wants.  Which doesn't mean she always GETS what she wants, but at least I can understand more now.

Some of my favorite words that Zuri can now say are:  Monster, Milk, Pretzel, Dip, Pizza, Tractor, Police Car, Penguin, Bunny, Park and Sucker.  Now some of these nobody else can probably understand but me, but I can now figure out what she is saying.  A funny one is that she likes to say "Upa" for up, and "Upa, Upa, Dow" for Down.  Most of the time she still says "up" instead of down.   I also love when she rides her small pink horse and yells "yee-haw!"  She still calls Minnie "B" and her black horse "doggy" but she calls Pluto "Pluto" and her other dogs "doggy".  So it can be confusing when she wants her horse or her dog.   She likes to tell me what type of ball she has either a "basketball" or a "beach ball", both fall into the category of me understanding her but others might struggle to know what she is saying.

She likes to tell me to sit in the chair by her while she eats.  So, we eat most of our meals together.  When I try to give her her own bowl of something like oatmeal she insists that she eats my bowl with me feeding her, instead of any of her bowl.  When we drive by the park she yells about wanting to go there.  And when we go by the bank she yells about wanting a sucker from there.

Zuri has had some good days this past month and some bad days.  The good days are so much fun and the bad days are quite exhausting.  Maybe that is because I imagine those days while having an infant in the house too!  The gym daycare people tell me how fun and care free she is while she is there, so that is nice to hear.  She doesn't usually want to leave when I go to pick her up.  But now that we bring Stella I can tell her we have to go get Stella and she will want to leave so we can go say "HI STELLA!!" when we get to the car.




She loves reading and usually wants to eat an apple while we are reading with her milk.  I love how she anticipates and/or knows what she wants to read or what is going to happen in each book.







She wanted everything while she was reading....

 She loves going to Nana and Papa's house, mainly to spend time playing with Papa and his ipad.  She also likes to wear Nana's glasses.  She even has the eye "scratch" down.


She has been very decisive about what she wants to eat.  She will open the freezer and tell me "toast" which means she wants a waffle.  She likes to take the waffle and put it in the toaster, push down the lever and then she pushes it back and tells me "hot!"  Zuri is also on a kick for anything with "dip".  So most food items are accompanied with a dip.  Apples have been a new favorite, but she definitely prefers having a whole apple instead of the slices.  She also goes to the pantry and takes out macaroni and cheese and tells me "cheese, cheese", of course this is usually at breakfast time and I have to tell her to wait for lunch or dinner.

All in all with our busy month Zuri has done really well.  She has had fun, hasn't been too cranky when she doesn't get to lay down because of showings (even when she is actually tired) and has gotten another two year molar (her second) come in.

We should have a fun month of March with a trip to the beach!


25 Months:
Weight: about 31 lbs
Height: no idea
Clothes: Buying 3T, some 2T still fit
Shoes size: 7, although might really be a closer to a 6.5 maybe

Favorite things:  Netflix- watching Pingu the Penguin,
Leap frog videos
Toy Story movie
Madagascar movie
Reading books
Standing on her kitchen stool and helping me
Bunnies!  (We have two that are in the yard at night)
PARK!
Her favorite basketball
Apples
Pizza
Dip
She will eat a whole sandwich that I make with a mayo/horseradish sauce, meat, cheese on a roll
Macaroni and cheese
Saying "NO"
Stella

Dislikes:
Diaper changes-most of the time..she had a bad rash this month so that didn't help
Bed time
Not going to the park when we drive by it
Not having enough crackers, cheese or whatever else she might feel like while we are driving
Not getting my phone while I am talking on it
Her netflix being disrupted while she watches it on my phone and the phone rings


Helping me clean the bathtub


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yup I wish I had even just one grandchild!

Keir said...

You still could have one! Kids are always better when you are a grandparent too, because you can just spoil them and not do what the parents do or ask you too! Haha