Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Last week I was battling some sort of stomach virus. I still managed to get in all my "key" workouts. Long Bike, run, swim, speed run, speed swim but not much else.
Monday of this week, I swam 6,000 meters or about 3.75 miles. It took me an embarassingly slow time of about 2.5hours.

Today I went out for my long bike. I got up at about 615 and started biking. It was pretty chilly out in the morning and then of course it warmed up. Today my heart rate continued to be quite low on the bike and I managed 102miles in 5hrs 48min. The exciting part of my ride today was that I saw a vulture. Yes, a vulture! I was riding along and a giant bird was in the street ahead of me...it looked kind of like a turkey from a distance. Once I got closer it looked just like the vultures out of the cartoons (the only place I have seen one). It was eating some road kill. It appears to have been a turkey vulture, known that way because it looks kind of like a turkey.


After I got home I had a short run. Today the run was not so great. My legs were not tired just the hr, which was odd since I had such a low hr on the bike. It was probably a combination of the heat and the fact that I ran out of water the last 20min of my ride.

No comments: