Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Today I rode 114 miles. In about 6.5hours. Two of the hours were spent on indoor riding. The first hour of the ride was inside just to really warmup and let the unusually cool morning warm up. The second hour was after being outside for about3.5 hours and some strange guy wouldn't stop talking to me. So, I had to tell him I was done with my ride and going home. He came all the way down to about a block from my house before he changed direction. Then I rode inside for another hour in case he was nearby waiting for me to come back out. Then I finished up the ride outside. The ride was ok. It was windy when I was out early and the it actually warmed up more than I had expected, with some wind. But I can't complain because it was better than 100 degrees!

After I finished with the bike I got off and ran about 30min. It was one of my first brick runs that my heart rate was actually controllable. Usually, I get off the bike and it just skyrockets. However, today it was much better, despite the heat.

One lesson learned is that a breakfast of a bagel and peanut butter is not my breakfast of choice. I had a stomachache most of the ride, so back to oatmeal and yogurt.

That's it for now. It was a long day for me today, I got up at 6am to start riding.

No comments: