Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Taper Week One of Two.

This is the first of two taper weeks leading up to my race.

Monday I rode my bike for about 4 hours and rode about 75 miles than had a brick run of about 3 miles. My heart rate average for the bike has been really low at about 136 my aerobic minimum. It does elevate on larger hills but that would be the average. I haven't seen a huge difference in my hr on the run though, which is why I predict a long run time for my race...but maybe I will be lucky?

Tuesday I swam 3,500 meters. Then sat around the house eating and watching tv.

Wednesday, today, I got up late and swam 2,250 meters. Went home changed clothes and biked for a speed bike for 45 min (avg hr 146)..I was pushing a larger gear and pushing more on the hills without worrying about my hr. After this I went home and had a shake and some guac and went out for my speed run. Today was suppose to be 2.5 mile sprint on the straights jog the curves...so instead I went back to the hills and ran hills/stairs for 20 min (estimated 2.5 mile time) and sprinted up and jogged back down. After this I had lessons and practice...then finally some dinner. It may sound like a lot of working out, but time wise it is actually really short, only 2.5 hours or so. Intensity was high, but duration was low.

I am suppose to have tomorrow off, but I am trying to figure out how to get in all of my workouts before I have to turn my bike in on Sunday. Sunday we also, hopefully, have the CU/CSU game to go to. This makes my Sunday a dillema, do I use Sunday as my day off?? Or do I use Sunday as a day to train since there is a chance for a lot of standing at the game, depending on where our seats are. If it is a recovery day it would be pretty pointless if I spent a few hours just standing there. Anyway, I have quite a few workouts to figure out and include recovery days, since I have to turn my bike in on Sunday, it makes it a little more difficult.

That's it for now. I'm sleepy...

No comments: