Saturday, August 23, 2008

My workouts are winding down some. My rides and runs getting shorter by the day. It is kind of strange that a 5 hour bike ride is exciting to me...but that is comparing it to a 7hr ride. I would say the same thing about running my long run was 3 hours and now it is all the way down to 2hours. Yes, I agree...2 hours! I have been trying to do more of my running in the "heat" of the day to try to adapt a bit more to the heat instead of avoiding it like I have done in the past. Hopefully, this will also help me :)

I am still not exceptionally fast on the running. Maybe it has to do with the amount of sugar I eat, or something else. Again they do say that it takes 18months to see some "real" results. I haven't been very tired on these rides or runs.

However, I have had some semi significant knee pain on the bike. This week I have gone in for two adjustments to help with this. I do not usually feel the pain until about 3 hours but then it is really there. P says it is because I have bad knees...I don't think that is the cause..since I don't have it doing anything else (knock on wood).

This next week the workouts get a little bit different. I have 3 days of workouts, all consisting of a swim, bike and run..but not too long of workouts. Each day followed by a complete day off.

My mother wants to know how long I plan on taking for my race, but I have no idea. I would say that if I swam in anything UNDER 1:20 I would be very happy, but very unlikely as I am at about 1:35.
The bike is another tricky one. They say it is extremely hilly. I have no idea. The fastest I have averaged over this type of distance was 17.9mph (6hr 15min). In a race you would hope I could go a bit faster, but at the same time, if it is really hilly then possibly slower.
They say the run at this race usually has the slowest marathon times, because people push too hard on the bike and have a hard time on the hilly run. This would be another area that I have no idea on. I have thought I could possibly do a 5hr and 15min marathon (yes extremely slow, but I am trying to be realistic).

If I did these times I would be at: 13 hours and 5min. Would I be happy with this time? Not really. But I guess I should say I would be happy because it would mean that I FINISHED the race. We only have 2 weeks before we will find out!

No comments: