Saturday, December 10, 2011

35 weeks...

Only 5 weeks left until my due date. 2 more weeks until I would be considered full term. This last week went pretty fast, but I didn't get to do my usual sleeping in routine. Which is sad, because I am trying to take advantage of all the days I can, before our little girl comes and steals my sleep for 18 years. I had to get up early this week because we finally got our new windows put in! We are hoping this saves us on our energy bills, especially since we will actually have to turn on the heat when she is here (not keep our house at 57 degrees, 56 at night with a fan on and windows open).

With our windows put in and our house more organized, I am really trying to "deep clean" everything else. My mom helped early in the week to organize a few things and help me get rid of some things that I really didn't want to. Then she cleaned out our "cat room" so that now it is super clean. If our girl were to show up soon, we would be pretty ready, but hopefully she stays put for another year or so, I mean 5 weeks or so.

This week I have had some cramping. Nothing severe, but I haven't had any cramping since the incident back at 25 weeks or so. That and some mid back pain have been my only issues this week. My tailbone area has been a little more sore after running, but I think my gait has changed more this week. I think I might be officially starting to waddle a little bit more, or at least I feel like I am. My running pace on the treadmill has slowed down a bit more, but I have been doing more combo of cardio. 10 minutes on treadmill, followed by 10 on stairs, then maybe 5 on elliptical, or some sort of combo then repeating it for about 45-60 minutes. Staying on one is getting really boring.

This upcoming week will be a crazy busy week. Starting on Sunday I have lessons and shopping with the team for the family we adopted. Then Pedro has an interview on Monday. Then we have a restaurant review I want to get done, just in case we have our girl soon. I have 2 practices (plus lessons I need to schedule), a doctors appointment, Pedro's work Christmas party, a race at the gym, Collin's bday dinner and finishing with the Bronco/Patriot game next Sunday. Plus the normal stuff that needs to get done. Hopefully, all of our events won't make her want to come out and join us.

35 week belly picture:




Random info:
Days till due date: 34!!!!
Days pregnant: 246!
Baby's length: 20 inches
Baby's weight: about 5.5lbs, has gone from about 2% body fat at 20 weeks to 15% body fat now (hoping to get to about 30%)
Development: Brain is developing a lot during this time.
Scary: All of the websites about 35 weeks pregnant talk about "birth plans" and freezing food etc. so you have stuff to eat after you have the baby...makes it seem even closer!
Days till doctors appt: 5 (then every week)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you are really, really a busy girl/woman I guess! What a change your life will be, and you said no sleep for 18 years. Try a lifetime! but so much fun! I am with you, I hope this baby waits till after the holidays because you have so much going on, and after the holidays would be such a much better time.
You are looking good, and I am sure your Mom has been busy helping you get your house ready for this baby. Any hints on a name yet?
Good luck to you and Pedro and best wishes for a happy birth and holiday season!
Leanne