Monday, November 11, 2013

22 Months Old!



Zuri is getting so close to being two years old!  I would say it is a combination of things seeming to go very quickly and things being quite tiring.  I can't complain about anything with Zuri.  She handled herself amazingly with having her tonsils and adenoids out.  She really is a good kid.  The people at the gym today told us that they have never seen her cry.  I told them that she cried for 4 months straight as a baby and she is more likely to cry when we are at home.  But because Zuri's favorite time of the day is gym daycare (Thank God, since that is my favorite time of the day going to the gym!), they rarely see an unhappy child.  When we get to the gym she says "ball?" Because she wants to go and get a ball.  We walk inside and she hands the card to the front desk, laughing and having her eyes closed, which makes me laugh.  Then I put her down and she RUNS to the daycare area.  Once we get in there she gives the card to the person at the desk and wants me to walk her in (on most days).  I walk her to the basketball courts where she promptly gives me a kiss and runs off to find a ball.  Today I also got a wave.  She really does enjoy the gym.



Her language skills....well, still about the same.  She will say a word then not say it again.  I swear I heard her say Thank You the other day when we went out to eat.  But she hasn't said it again.  If I ask her to say "Please" or "Thank You" she just gives me a kiss.  She has discovered the Halloween candy and after she eats she runs to eat and says "mmmmmmmm".  Then I tell her to say please and she gives me a kiss, I give her the piece and then tell her to say thank you, which yields another kiss.  This from a kid who doesn't like giving kisses!  She does say "momma" a lot more consistently.  She was saying it just randomly, but now she says it a lot because if I leave the room, I hear "mommmmma" because she doesn't like when I leave the room.

We read before nap time and bed time and she LOVES doing this.  She even wants to take books to bed with her.  Which can't happen at nap time because we are having major napping issues.  Either she talks for an hour then naps great, or like today, talks for 3 straight hours before I get her up.  This would probably be my only issue.  Mainly because I want her to be well rested so she stays in a good mood.

She is really in the phase of loving Mickey Mouse (and all of the characters) especially Goofy.  She likes to watch Jake and the Neverland Pirates and sometimes Sofia the First and Bubble Guppies too.  Glad we are branching out from JUST Dora.

Zuri went on a no eating strike for a few weeks in month 21, but we are back full force with eating right now.  She loves enchiladas and spicy food.  She likes fruit, especially watermelon.  Tomatoes and cucumbers are also high on the list.

She has picked up a ridiculous fake cry, she closes her eyes and fake cries.  It's quite funny.  Not sure why she thinks this will make me give her what she wants but I think when she had her tonsils out she was getting spoiled a bit, now we have to go back to ignoring the whining.

Her breathing is so much better now that she had her tonsils and adenoids out it is ridiculous.  It was definitely one of the best decisions I could have made, even if I was doubting it!


Zuri's 22 Month Stats:

Likes:
Talking and jumping in her crib
Getting to watch HER shows on tv
Sitting with me on the sofa
Helping me cook in the kitchen
Gym Daycare
Books -(flap books, mickey mouse books)
Corn Bran cereal
Candy/chocolate
Watermelon
Enchiladas
Eating the WHOLE lemon and Lime
Balls-basketball, soccer, really any kind

Dislikes:
Mom leaving the room
Mom refusing to carry her
Staying home all day
Not getting candy
Doesn't really enjoy having her picture taken!


Size:
Height: At least 36 inches
Weight: 28lbs
Clothing size: 2t-3t (she is at the top of 2t clothes(33-36inches) and the bottom of 3t clothing(36.5-39inches)
Shoes size: 6


Enjoying her lime...


Being a good girl when Kurt watched her while I was at practice.


Forgot to add this to an earlier post!  Zuri's first pumpkin that she did herself!


No comments: