Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Announcing #2!

I am now about 12.5 weeks pregnant.  I announced our pregnancy by doing a pumpkin for Halloween. It was a great way to announce it because it was different than what most people do!  However, it was also cause for some confusion with what I had carved!  I thought it was pretty clear :)




Let's see, I found out I was pregnant on September 11th.  With Zuri I found out on Mother's Day and I wanted to have a special day to "test".  Most people that are hoping to become pregnant test 10 times, I actually waited 5 extra days before I took a test.  I took the test on Pedro's first day of work on the road, out of in house training for the department.  It is also my mom's birthday.  It was most definitely positive!!  With Zuri it was very faint and I wasn't sure, but this one there was no question!





I actually didn't tell Pedro when I found out that it was positive.  I wanted to tell him in a fun way.  I like surprises (although nobody ever surprises me with fun things..sad!) so it took me awhile to figure out how to tell him.  I waited until Sunday when we were doing a restaurant review at one of our favorite brunch places.  I brought a little bag with a shirt in it that said "Awesome Big Sister".  I hid it in my jacket and the first chance I got I brought it to a different server and asked them to give it to our server to bring to the table.  After awhile we finished an appetizer and the server came over and cleared our plate and said that he wanted to "bring a little something special to the table."  Pedro had no idea, he was thinking that the server knew we were doing a review.  He was so confused.  He opened the bag and saw the shirt and he immediately teared up.  He was like "Are you pregnant?!"  I said yes, then he said "It's a girl?"  I was confused at this point, then he said, oh wait you wouldn't know yet.  He was confused because the shirt was a pink shirt.  Makes me laugh.  Anyway, it was a fun way to surprise him!


Symptom-wise it has been pretty much the same as my first pregnancy, so far.  I had no real signs that I was pregnant.  At about 6.5 weeks I got nauseas.  I was nauseas off and on all day long.  This was mixed with being STARVING.  When I say starving, I mean like I haven't eaten in days hungry.  I had this in my first pregnancy too.  I guess it is better to have this then actually wanting to throw up all the time.  So between being nauseas and starving it made for some weird eating days.  The queasiness and hunger eased up at about 9 weeks.

I was flying to California for a tournament, so my doctors office suggested I do an ultrasound and blood work before flying, since I was newly pregnant and they wanted to be on the safe side. I was 6 weeks and 3 days at my appointment.  I also got an early appointment with Zuri because I was flying to Kansas at about 7 weeks!   My due date was found to be May 19th, 2014.  The baby was measuring at 6 weeks 1 day, with a heart rate of 123bpm.



I went to the doctor for my second prenatal appointment at 10 weeks (they do appointments every 4 weeks at this point).  We did another ultrasound and they verified that I was on track for my due date on May 19th, 2014.  I actually measured 10 weeks 2 days.  All looked good at the appointment.  I forgot to have her tell me the heart rate! Not a very good ultrasound picture, it was straight on, the baby was not cooperating to give a profile!


Since about 9 weeks, I feel back to normal.  My belly is quite big.  It really is just bloat by the evening, which is so weird!  But my morning belly is still a lot bigger this time around than last time.  I still workout every day (except last week with Zuri being home-bound with surgery).  


10 weeks...


11 weeks..


12 weeks (after breakfast!)..


I am hoping that we are as lucky as we were the first time around with my working out and how I felt throughout the pregnancy.


But as the ultrasound tech said, it's kind of like "having one foot on the gas and one on the brake!"  You are excited but also a little scared of the exhaustion of a newborn!

No comments: