Friday, July 18, 2008

SORE!

After my lifting yesterday I am very sore. My chest is sore from my bench and my butt is sore from squats. Then today I decided I would do my speed running. I took to the track at about 11. I was thinking today was going to be an 80 degree day, but no such luck. I had to run 1 set of 12min, 1 set of 9min, 6 sets of 1min then 6 sets of 30secs.

I ran the long sets on the stairs to build some leg strength. Then the 1min sets, I alternated sprints with stairs. Then to finish it off I ran the 30sec sets all on sprints. It was 92 degrees according to my car when I finished. I drank a liter of water and with a warmup and cooldown I was out there for an hour. After this I headed to the gym for a swim.

I thought a swim was a good idea to help cool off and prevent my usual headaches. It did feel good, but my sore chest didn't help on my stroke and my sore butt and tired legs didn't help on the kick sets. However, I still swam about 3,600yds (was suppose to be 4,000) and it took forever! Now, I need to go to sleep because I am very sleepy.

No comments: