Friday, July 25, 2008

Yesterday I went and swam a speed swim of 3,500 yds. Then I came home had a shake and left for speed running. I ran 12x400 followed by 4x100 plus a warmup and cooldown. Anyway, on about my 5th 400 I was greeted by a angry wasp (or bee, or something) that stung my quad. Maybe it was karma for wearing those tiny little running shorts. Anyway, with the added epinephrine I ran about 10seconds faster on that lap. I ran all of my 400's in about 1min 34seconds..followed by 40 seconds of recovery. Not too bad I guess, considering all the super slow running I have been doing. I read somewhere that it takes 18 MONTHS for heart rate training to begin to have a "real" impact...and well I'm at about 8 months...YEAH!! Only 10months more before some improvement??

Anyway, today I lifted and then ran home from the gym again. Today was HOT! My watch said it was an average of 95 degrees. I am trying to adapt to the heat, again another thing that takes time for your body to adapt to. While in the process of dealing with heat, you have to slow down more to stay in the hr range. So, really it is quite fun running sooo slow, no not really.

I treated myself to a massage tonight, which hopefully will help the tired legs. I was also informed by P that in my next race I need to cut about 5min off my last sprint race..but I am not sure he realizes that I am training for a 140.6 mile race and that is a lot of SLOW training..but ok.

This weekend is going to be difficult to get any training in, I have a bball tourney with a minimum of 5 games a day.

No comments: