Thursday, July 31, 2008

A week of long workouts.

Monday we had games in the morning. I had, had some recovery time because over the weekend I did very little because of the amount of games we played. Anyway, Monday we played than I went and lifted. After lifting I went for my moderate run of 1hr 38 min. It was a nice evening out when I ran.

Tuesday I did my first swim outside. I know it is sad that it was my first swim outside. It was much more enjoyable, if swimming can ever be called that. However, it seemed to take more time than when I swim at the gym. I swam 3,500 for a speed swim. After the swim I went and ate oatmeal then decided to head out for my long run. This was for 3 hrs and 8min. How far did I run?? Not far enough. Only about 19miles. I was definitely leg and feet sore after this run. It was still very hot out since I started my run at about 430pm. Anyway, I slept with my SKINS on and then the next day I woke up, unwilling to do my long ride.

Weds. I changed my mind at about 1000 that I would go out for my ride. A moderate ride that would last around 3hrs. I went out and got stung in the butt my a wasp, not once, but twice. Kind of funny since I was just stung a few days ago. I am thinking my detergent must spell soooo good that the wasps can't stay away..? Anyway, it was very hot out. I went for 3hours and 10min then came home and rode for 2hours more on my trainer. In the end I rode about 94miles, so that was my long ride of the week.

Thursday, we had practice today and I also worked. One of the few days I have had lessons, since nobody has any money. So, after practice I went and swam 5,000, which took me nearly 2 hours. After further questioning I found out it is a METER pool and not a YARD pool. The pool I was swimming in was a Yard pool and was probably about a yard short. So, this swim really was equal to about 3.13 miles..which is further than the race. This was my long swim of the week. Then I went and got a massage. It was very nice :)

Now off to bed. I am not sure what I will do tomorrow since I am doing a sprint this weekend. Probably, weights, maybe a swim, maybe a run...not sure.

No comments: