Wednesday, July 9, 2008

To travel...

Such a horrible thing to me...traveling during the month of July puts me in quite a hole training wise.

On one side it isn't so horrible because I get in a huge amount of running. Running is where I am slightly worried during the Ironman. Such a long distance...one of which, I have never run, even stand-alone.

So, off to Oregon I went on Friday and I ran and lifted before I left, ran later that evening (only for a total of 1hr20min). The next day we had games but I still ran for 1hr30min. Sunday I decided to run stairs, my speed work. This time it was 4 sets of 3 min followed by 2 sets of 6min and then 6 sets of 1min. My calves were sore..well actually they are still sore. Monday, I took a recovery day of running and ran for 40minutes. Tuesday and Weds each had 1hr runs. So, I am getting in some good moderate running but need to get in a long run..however, running on a treadmill is not the same as outside and I need to get the long run outside. Plus, running on a tred for nearly 3hrs would be HORRIBLE!

I am back for about 40 hours total and I am hoping to get in a looonnnggg bike ride, even though they say the temperatures will be record high (of course!). Then going to try to get in some weights, a swim possibly..and then Friday before I leave get in my long run. Yeah that is a lot of cramming. Let's see how it goes. I am in Chicago from Friday till late on Tuesday. Then that will really be it for travel for July...thank goodness!

So, that's my update. I am already tired of eating out, every meal...and trying not to eat ice cream too much, since that is what my players want after games.

No comments: