Friday, July 4, 2008

This is the busy time of the year for me...with practice during the middle of the day it is very annoying. Plus, just returning from Europe, trying to fit in workouts, then visitors and now I am off to Oregon and Chicago for nearly 10 days straight.

Working out during this time is very frustrating. I want to get in my long rides because I know I can't do any of the biking while I am gone...but then the swimming gets short changed which is my worst sport (which is not getting better)...

Then the heat. If I am not up early running outside in mid afternoon is ridiculous. I think I would have to walk to the whole run outside because of the heat. Today I rode for only 3 hours and have a "heat rash" all over my quads...plus I can't carry near enough water. On top of that I "fell over" today. My poor bike got only a small injury and I got about the same. I'm sure it was entertaining to all who saw me take my slow motion tumble. Then I was annoyed because I lost half the water on my bike in the aero bottle.

Anyway, tomorrow I am off to Oregon and I hope to get some good workouts in there..even if it means running the stairs at the hotel. I am in Oregon from the 5th to the 9th..home late the 9th..home the 10th and leave the 11th for Chicago until the 15th. Sounds like fun??? Yeah not to me either.

No comments: