Wednesday, May 21, 2008

I swam 4,000 yds today. Not quite sure if I have ever swam that distance before, maybe once..? It is 2.3 miles. My race will be 2.4 miles or about 4,200 yds. It took me 1 hr and 27 minutes. Some people get out of the water in 50 minutes in the long distances...but me..slowly plodding along. I guess on a positive note I get 2 hrs and 20 minutes to swim the distance...so I guess at least I know I can finish before they kick me out! To make today worse I swam next to some really fast lady. She made me look like I wasn't even moving.

After I swam I had an easy 30 minute run with a low heart rate. Easy days have lower heart rates, moderate days..well moderate hr..long days you are suppose to run the gammet in the heart rate up to your max..and tempo days are staying close to your max the whole time. Easy runs are frustrating to me because I have to go even slower. I have to be a believer I will get faster...just annoying since whatever I had built before I lost when I couldn't run for 6 weeks or so.

Today I have also been trying to find a hotel in London for the two days that we are staying there in June. Hotels are really expensive when you are high maintenance :) Besides I am looking for a place that has a gym so at least I can get a workout in..and if it has a pool even better. My training people suggested I bring my bike...but that would be quite impossible since I am going to be in London, Paris and some small town (which I don't want to go to). Hopefully, I don't lose too much fitness.

Workouts:
LS 4,000yds (87 min)
ER 31 min (3 miles)

No comments: