Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Monday I decided that I would do my long run because I could run at night when it was cooler out. I lifted earlier in the day and did an easy spin on my bike of about 45min. Later in the night I did my run. It was not a good run...for some reason my legs were tired and never got better during the entire run. It was probably the weights earlier and maybe I hadn't eaten enough before the run. On the way out Stella decided she was tired and wasn't too excited to be out...so at the turn around I thought I was headed home to drop her off. However, we ran into some sprinklers along the way and after her bathing herself and getting a drink we continued on. It ended up being a 10 mile run..but not a very good one.

Monday's workout:
weights
45 min EB
1hr 40 min LR (10 miles)

Today I got up early for me (900 am) and went for my long ride. Keeping in mind that my legs were probably not totally recovered from the run the night before that had ended at 945pm. I went out early to beat some of the heat. I rode a new ride today and rode on WCR 8 all the way out to the I76 frontage road. Then headed north to Hudson. Here I was suppose to go across this busy road to the other side and ride for about 7 more miles north to keenesburg..but I thought I would go straight and see where this road took me. Well, I should follow directions because it ended about 3 miles up the road. I turned around and started back. I got to a known part of my ride (WCR 6 and CO) and realized I was only 2.5 hours into my ride. Annoying. So, then I headed up to Longmont area and turned around and came back home. The ride ended up being 3 hr 51 minutes in the heat and about 70 miles (It might have been 68). My legs were pretty tired during the ride and more so when I realized I had 1.5 hrs left when I looked at the clock. After the ride I showered ate, napped and ate again. Then I went to the store and I have practice later.
Hot days make you tired. I am wondering where the moderate temperature (no wind) days are??

No comments: