Monday, March 17, 2008

Short day...salad mmm

Today I woke up late because I didn't have much to do today in workouts. The taper has really begun since I am less than two weeks away from my race. So, according to the schedule I had to run, bike, swim tomorrow...but I had emailed and asked if I could divide them up some. So, today I did speed elliptical, very light lifting and then speed bike. The elliptical and bike were each about 45 minutes so it wasn't much, comparatively. Then tomorrow I will just swim. I am hoping for a nice day to ride later this week when I have a long ride for only 2 hours or so. I am suppose to have Weds off as well and then workout Thurs, Fri, Sat and Sunday but I might change that up since Sunday is Easter and I am not sure how much I will get done. Then I have only two workouts or so next week.

Tonight I made the best salad ever. I like the show Healthy Decadence and today I made the bbq chop chop salad for dinner. It was chicken that I had to cut up and flattened then cooked and tossed in bbq sauce. I cut up romaine and spinach...then added cut up squash and carrots. Then I had to make the dressing which was amazing. It was made from balsamic vinegar, olive oil, basil, dijon mustard and honey. It was sooo good. Then I made sweet potatoes for dessert with some honey butter and cinnamon butter.

No comments: