Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Wind...

Wind is a mysterious thing. I went out for a 3 hour bike ride today and before I left I checked the weather to see which way the wind was blowing. The weather channel said it was coming from the south. Ok, I thought. I will head out going north then ride east/west so the wind won't bother me. Well after I got to the point of heading east, the wind was still coming from the south. I was flying along...then I turned around and headed west..and for some strange reason the wind had shifted now so I was riding against the wind. Ok, I thought after about 15 miles of of this I decided to go north since the wind was now coming from the west. So, I start riding along and the flags are all blowing from the west...then they shifted to blow from the east. I swear I am not making this up, I was watching the flags on the side of the road. Then I got to Longmont and the road was under construction so I decided to head back south. After I turned around, the wind suddenly shifted so I was riding back into the wind! After a few miles of this it shifted back from the east, then I realized I was about to make a turn and head up a hill going straight back into the wind. It was almost hilarious. I rode back going south and the wind was shifting from in my face to a strong east cross wind. I then turned to go directly into the wind, back east...it wasn't that strong but enough to slow me down. Then I headed back home going south. While going south the wind decided to pick up again and slow me to a near crawl pace. Anyway, needless to say WIND is the most demoralizing thing ever and it was out to get me today.

No comments: