Monday, April 21, 2008

Day from HELL!

Sunday I was in VA with a few players. We left to go to the airport in Norfolk. The flight was delayed and we were told we would miss our connection in Philly. We arrived in Philly and had 15 min to make it to our gate. We ran as fast as possible and made it..only to find out I had a ticket but no reservation, whatever that means..?? They wouldn't let us on the plane. Long story short we ran back and forth between usair and united trying to figure this out and it was (seriously) about a 5 min full speed run between the areas...we did this about 5 times and we were sweating. They wouldn't let me on the plane and everyone was so rude. We ended up being stuck in Philly overnight, but by the time we ate and watched Juno (trying to put us in a better mood) we had about 3 hrs of sleep before we had to go back to the airport for our long journey back home. It was about 7 hours of travel time.
Once we got back we were lucky to find our bags had just arrived on a different flight. Then we went to the car and our car wouldn't start. So, we had to find someone to jump the car for us...it was a long day.

When I got home I unpacked and went to the gym for:
Weights
45 min elliptical (didn't want to run after such a long flight)
90 min bike on trainer (at 10pm)

I had to take a nap after the gym and eat...then I did the bike. I guess this is the official start to Ironman Wisconsin training.

No comments: