Thursday, April 24, 2008

Long day

I got up early this morning and headed down to take your children to work day at Merril Lynch. No, I was not the child that was brought to work, though some of you may beg to differ. I was instead brought to talk to a group of kids about basketball. Well, kids have no attention spans and so it was quite difficult talking to them so I settled for spinning the ball and showing them my national championship rings. After being there for two hours or so and then going to lunch with my aunt...I went straight to the gym.
I got to the gym and settled in for an easy 5 min ellip, 20 min run and 5 min ellip. After I finished this I went to the locker room to change for my long swim. Something I love to be done with. As I was undressing I realized I had forgotten my swimsuit ugh! You have no idea how annoying that is being that I was already tired from being awake so early and just wanted to get it over.
I drove home and decided no way was I going to make it back to the gym. I was sitting outside and realized it was nice out. So, I figured I needed to get in another workout of something. I decided to do my tempo bike. I ran upstairs and checked the weather and it said winds from north 10mph gusting to 20. I thought, man I don't feel anything like that!! So out I went...well of course if you have read my blog I have said "the weatherman knows best". Today was another example of that. It didn't bother me so much since it was a short ride today but it was annoying on the last two miles when sand was flying at me and I was barely moving...I now have sand in my ears and hair that I am still finding. I had a hard time getting my heart rate up to the tempo zone today...strange, maybe because I was tired who knows.

Todays workouts:
30 min easy run (5-20-5)
60 min TB

No comments: