Monday, April 7, 2008

Two weeks out...

Two weeks out from beginning regular training. Still in the maintenance phase right now. Hoping my leg heals by the adjustments that I have made on my bike and will be making with my orthotics and continued pt.
Today's workouts:
1.5 hrs on spin bike (half in spin class half on my own)
2,000 yd swim. Boring swim today.
YOGA!

Today I tried a new yoga. Bikram was way too hot for me and gave me headaches and would tire me out too much during training. This yoga was awesome. They did some core work and good "runners" stretches in a not hot room...not cold either. It would probably be a really good thing to add during training. The downside is $$$ everything is so dang expensive.
I have decided I should add a donation page. The donations would go to nutritional supplements, yoga and necessary accessories.
Today I bought skins. They are pants used for recovery after races, long runs/bikes and for travel. I have heard a lot of good things about them and I am hoping they will help my legs recover from long workouts...help keep my legs from getting tired on flights and keep swelling out, which is always an ongoing issue with my knee.
Then I bought a longsleeve bike jersey. No, I didn't own one before, just a jacket. This is lighter weight and would have been a good option for my race, had I owned it then.

So again, if anyone would like to make a donation it would go to a good place :)

No comments: