Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Long bike

Today's workout:

3:51min bike ride (about 67 miles).

Today I rode the frontage road up to Johnstown exit. It was a good ride going out but on the way back the lovely wind returned. Lots of in your face wind and some cross winds. The worse part of the ride was that I was starving and I hadn't planned on being out the full 4 hours because of the wind...but it was nice on the way out so I didn't feel like coming back. I was going to setup the trainer in the front for part of my ride, but being out was good, even with the wind. Anyway, since I was sooo hungry and had no food I was tempted to stop at Starbucks on my way through Longmont to get a scone. It sounded soo good..but I had no money and I wasn't sure they would take my cc number from my head without anything so I just kept going. When I got home I ate everything a person could find..smoothie with protein, half of a chipotle with some chips...then I napped a bit, went to the store and then had yogurt with kashi before practice. My new computer is awesome...keeps heart rate, speed etc...and keeps averages of those things as well. It also told me I burned 1700 calories on my bike today (no wonder I am starving).

One note to self is that on days that call for long bike and swimming (like today) I need to swim first because after the long bike I am too tired to go swimming...especially on practice days that are late nights.

No comments: